Discuss Oil safe? Should there be a scheme similar to gas safe for oil techs? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly, that's what I was thinking.

Relatives of mine have oil & when you walk in the back yard you can always get a whiff of it in the air! It's always worried me the fact you can smell it. There's no leak or escape or whatever the technical terminology is but still worries me!

It'll be the vent off the tank.

Oh I see, so it's actually a good thing it can be smelt then!

Otherwise I guess it would go..... boom

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 143
even after having a tank removed it still lingers in the air, my van stinks of it.

get a petition going send it round here then round facebook then send it to oftec ! surely its in there best interest to be the gas safe of oil ? make more money ?

I think oftec registration should be mandatory for anyone working with oil although its not so volatile as gas its still potentially highly dangerous I mean co is co no matter what the source and no less poisonous! Iv been told unoffically that its not mandatory because not enough people have died because of oil appliances!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Oil safe? Should there be a scheme similar to gas safe for oil techs? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Not sure what my options are here. Basically a friend of mine recommended his father in law to do our plumbing/gas work for our renovation. First...
Replies
Views
Just browsing the threads and this one here // www .plumbersforums. net /threads /bldg-regs-compliance-interlock.103043/ caught my eye. 1. If a...
Replies
Views
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/05/12/the-heat-pump-farce-has-finally-been-exposed/?li_source=LI&li_medium=liftigniter-rhr I realise not...
Replies
Views
Hi. I have been on the phone to the Gas Safe Register, who have pointed me a bit in the right direction looking for certain information. I am in a...
Replies
Views
Evening all Could someone tell me please if there is a deadline between passing the acs and getting registered on gas safe? I passed my acsin...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock