Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss odd soil pipe tee and boss in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

adp

Hi,
I am looking to change the toilet in bathroom at first floor to back to wall one.
I removed the soil Stack box and found the tee and boss very odd as shown in the picture.(sorry, the pictures need turn 90 degree or 180. ). Above the tee there is boss to sink waste. Below are four bosses which looks attached to a coupling ring or the ring is actually a part of the tee? One of the boss conects to bath waste.
I plan to get the tee replaced and turn 90 degree. To cut the pipe isn't easy. I may need to remove other soil stack box below the ceiling to cut the pipe and fit a slip coupler then to mount the new tee.
Alternatively is it possible to cut the ring where the four bosses connected by using a multi-tool carefully then I can cut the soil pipe below floor board?

Or is it possible to turn the tee 90 degree without damage the tee after disconnect the pan and waste pipe.

Thank you very much.

Attachments

• 20131005_004019.jpg
    20131005_004019.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 50
  • 20131004_190904.jpg
    20131004_190904.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 58
Last edited by a moderator:
I think the tee will turn 90 degrees. Won't harm trying anyway .

Thank you guys very much indeed. You are really marvellous knowing everything I don't know.
It seems I need to open the stack box in the ground floor room and cut the pipe below ceiling to get the tee replaced. The collar boss was solvent welded.

looks like the branch has been cemented into the collar belowas said probably easiest to cut below and rerun it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to odd soil pipe tee and boss in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock