Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss noob kitchen drain layout in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

anthdci

Hi Everyone,
I'll start by saying I am not a plumber do I have any experience, so I am hoping for some advice. I think the drain under my sink is a complete bodge job and I want tot put it right because when the washer is on it smells the kitchen out. I have draw they layout in paint below as best I can. The drain pipes coming from the dish washer and washing machine are flexy pipe, the rest is hard. The flexy loops down through a hole in the unit under the sink so I unless I cut new holes in the unit I can have them going straight down at an angle. Bar the flew pipe the whole lot is within roughly a square foot under the sink.

kitchendrain.jpg

I think it smells because whatever was poured down the small sink went straight down the flex pipe to the washing machine and is just getting stuck down there and rotting. I have just turned the pipe round so it points upwards to try and prevent this as much as possible, but I dont know if this is the best way to do it?

I am prepared to redo the whole drain pipework, but really would appreciate some pointers in the right direction.

thanks

welcome to the forums. you need two of these 52069.jpgor one that has two spigots on it then redo the rest of the pipework so it all fits in the space.

ok, so a U-bend for each sink. Do I connect the dishwasher and washer to the spigots? above the bend, then to a join then to outside like this?

kitchendrainnew.jpg

Attachments

• th_kitchendrainnew.jpg
    th_kitchendrainnew.jpg
    992 bytes · Views: 10
yes dishwasher and wm to spigots. main sink to outside with small sink connected with swept tee into the pipe from main sink

the waste pipes from appliances should enter the cupboard high and run down towards the spigots on the traps ideally they should be up tight under the work top at there highest point that way water drains out of them and prevents waste water from the sinks getting into the hoses look at the instructions that came with machine for a drawing as i cant do drawings on here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to noob kitchen drain layout in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, The kitchen sink in the property we are renting drains really slowly, and I was hoping to remedy or alleviate this with some educated...
Replies
Views
My mother has been away on holiday for a few weeks and she has a kitchen mixer tap that has a very slow drip nothing significant - been like that...
Replies
Views
Hello I have a mystery, my bathroom has a sewage smell appears to get far worse 5pm-9pm. I have plugged my bathroom/sink with plugs and its 100%...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I got the water tested in my flat which has high chlorine levels and I am going to get a under the sink filter chlorine remover...
Replies
Views
Where and how does the water supply work and is there only one rising main pipe and where is it usually located? I am top floor flat, mains fed...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock