Search the forum,

Discuss Noisy hot water pump and low hot water pressure in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,

I'm hoping you can help me with a couple of questions I have for my inlaws.

There house is 30 odd years old and the hot water pump is quite noisy go say the least. It appears easy enough to replace as isolation valves at top and bottom and two nuts to release the pump. My question is, what would be a suitable new pump to replace it with. The current pump is a grundfos UPS 18-60. Photo attached.

The second question, is about the hot water pressure. In short it's really low and having a shower here is painfully slow experience. Weve moved in for 3 months as moving home and our new one isn't ready so hence I'm trying to now sort all these things for them. Would the new pump sort this? Is it something else that can be easily diagnosed and remedied?

Thanks in advance everyone.

Pete

Attachments

• 16108730568492312605115388459975.jpg
    16108730568492312605115388459975.jpg
    246.3 KB · Views: 8
That is your central heating pump and if is ancient! I would say it won’t necessarily be easy to replace as I expect the valves will fail and then require draining to replace. To get a replacement pump you need to measure the distance between valves, probably 130mm, - although if the valves fail this is less important as draining would make it easy to alter.

A new pump here will not affect the hot water.
I presume you have a gravity system, in which case a shower pump is what you will need.

Bear in mind the effectiveness and longevity of the shower pump is greatly impacted by the method of installation, ie it needs to be done properly.

Reply to Noisy hot water pump and low hot water pressure in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of a long, steep hill. We struggle with very high and often fluctuating (around 7 bar) water pressure, which wreaks havoc with our water heaters. I've...
Replies
Views
S
Pumps and low pressure I moved the bathroom to the back the house (next room) upstairs. I put in two pumps because low pressure water area. One for shower and one for bath. They both work intermittently and I often need to get them started with a magnet! They were new pumps. In the shower the...
Replies
Views
Low hot water pressure Hi everyone, I'm hoping someone is able to shed some light on my situation before I have to call out the professionals. We've been in our house for over 3 years now, when we moved in the hot water pressure was pretty good (confirmed by a retired plumber family friend)...
Replies
Views
T
Hi We urgently need to get our h/w cylinder replaced because it's leaking. Our current system is oil boiler feeding underfloor downstairs, radiators upstairs and an unvented hot water cylinder for hot water. We are thinking of moving to a heat pump at some point but aren't ready to do this. My...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a hot water cylinder which feeds 3 outlets (kitchen sink, basin in bathroom & bathtap) which has never had very good pressure (probably because of the set-up) but last year got so feeble that a guy suggested fitting a pump alongside the cylinder. This can work fine but then all of a...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock