Search the forum,

Discuss No water in several of my flow meters in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

G

GrMeezer

Hi,

I have bought a house that has Uponoor water underfloor heating. It was running ok but the recent cold snap has resulted in me being unable to get my rooms warm enough despite the boiler churning through plenty of gas.

A little googling and poking around with a torch reveals that there may not be any water in some of the circuits. Whilst some of the flow meters contain water and a little plunger that shows the flow rate, many of them are empty and there is brown gunk inside them.

Does this mean I have no water flowing in them, and do I therefore need to add water? Is as simple as connecting a hose to the manifold and turning it on?

Anny guidance much appreciated as I'm freezing!

i mean its a closed system. so water shouldn't just run away. it will be leaking somewhere. there should be a pressure gauge. if you really dont have any water, then yes you should fill it up, this is a good vid on how

i wouldn't recommend just connecting a hose and turning the water on, id follow the vid above.

Reply to No water in several of my flow meters in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock