Search the forum,

Discuss No water in several of my flow meters in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

G

GrMeezer

Hi,

I have bought a house that has Uponoor water underfloor heating. It was running ok but the recent cold snap has resulted in me being unable to get my rooms warm enough despite the boiler churning through plenty of gas.

A little googling and poking around with a torch reveals that there may not be any water in some of the circuits. Whilst some of the flow meters contain water and a little plunger that shows the flow rate, many of them are empty and there is brown gunk inside them.

Does this mean I have no water flowing in them, and do I therefore need to add water? Is as simple as connecting a hose to the manifold and turning it on?

Anny guidance much appreciated as I'm freezing!

i mean its a closed system. so water shouldn't just run away. it will be leaking somewhere. there should be a pressure gauge. if you really dont have any water, then yes you should fill it up, this is a good vid on how

i wouldn't recommend just connecting a hose and turning the water on, id follow the vid above.

Reply to No water in several of my flow meters in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi! Our main stopcock is weeping. I phoned the water company, first-person thought it was their problem as it was on the 'outside' of the water meter. Then another person called me to schedule a visit and they told me that its not their problem as both the water meter and the leaky stopcock are...
Replies
Views
I have just replaced the old bathroom basin mono mixer taps, 2 tap heads, standard compression valve type, to a modern mono mixer single lever type. For some reason the hot water running on the new single lever mono mixer tap is slow flowing compared to the old ones. The cold water running...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I moved into a new build three bedroom, two bathroom bungalow about 2.5 years ago. Ever since we moved in there has been an issue with the water pressure. Toward the end of last year the pressure had got worse. For instance, you could not run another tap in the house if a...
Replies
Views
I'm the homeowner of a heat pump + UFH installation, 2 floors with 1 manifold on each floor and a common pump. On both floors each circuit has the same problem: whenever a zone asks for heat and the motorized valve opens there is a some loud knocking going on (see video). In the case of the...
Replies
Views
We currently have the ground floor wet UFH and upstairs rads running from an unvented condensing boiler. Any advice/experience on the following please:- The 1st-floor and 2nd-floor landing will retain radiators but they will be added to the underfloor manifold as a single zone as it will...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock