Discuss No hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DCH

Hi,

My wife and I have just bought our first flat and there's absolutely nothing coming out of the hot water tap in the kitchen and just a dribble in the bathroom. The cold taps are fine and as far as we can tell the boiler is working.
We wondered if it might be an airlock so tried forcing water from the cold to the hot tap but when we did water then dribbled out of one of the pipes that had been connected to the previous owner's washing machine - we don't have a washing machine yet. We've assumed the problem is washing machine-related but have no idea what to do.

Apologies if this is a dopey question but we've been able to pass this sort of thing onto landlords before! I can get pics tomorrow if it helps.

With thanks

Sould like it could be turned off in the airing cupboard. Look for a valve connected to the bottom of the cylinder.

Same here I would be looking for a valve with a red wheel head and shut the wash Mac valve before you open it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to No hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock