Discuss No hot water after turn off heating setting on control panel. HELP pls! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
X

Xin Huang

I live in a two stories home. Covert boiler (Potterton Suprima boiler ) locates in ground floor, cylinder in 1st floor and there's a pump in loft between ground and 1st floor.

5 days ago, I turned off the heating setting on control panel next to the boiler to save some gas in the summer and reduce the constant noise produced from the pump. Everything was normal, still got hot water, the boiler and pump only worked when heating up water. Yesterday morning suddenly I had no hot water and the cylinder was cold. Then I restarted/reset the boiler and found out that the boiler only produces hot water when the heating setting is on. If the heating setting remains off, the boiler doesn't work to produce hot water. So I have kept the heating setting on since yesterday.

This morning, I tried again turning off the heating setting. And so far it is still producing hot water. My concern is that it might suddenly stop producing hot water in a couple of days.

Can any experienced people help me with this situation? Really very much appreciated. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to No hot water after turn off heating setting on control panel. HELP pls! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock