Search the forum,

Discuss No heating or hot water still in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I posted earlier about my boiler pressure and that I had someone out and they said it needed a new heat exchanger now that was Monday so be a week tomorrow where they was last out my housing system are down at mo so no-one can look into it apparently but the gas engineer said I could keep topping up just so I could get enough to bath my son or quick warm of radiators but now it won't even fill to 1 bar it's getting cold outside I called them weds and Thurs was ment to get a call back spoke throu FB messenger was told same they can't look into it but they have messaged the heating company who they have and they haven't herd nothing. How long can u wait with no heating or hot water be 7 days tomorrow they said it needed heat exchanger but be 11 days since I reported the fault. Got up this morn on my thermostat it's currently 19c in the house

19 degrees C isn't dangerously cold, far from it although I appreciate the weather is turing now. Doesn't sound like you can speed things up so what can you do?

Go to a friends to wash and invest in an oil heater or two for your most critical rooms and or jumper up.

Reply to No heating or hot water still in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock