Discuss No Bypass On S Plan. Does It Matter? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just in the middle of replacing some rads (thanks to all on here for the advice re. concrete floors). Whilst my friend was helping drain down, he noticed that my s plan has no bypass, whilst his does.

It's a standard vented system, and boiler is an old, but reliable Ideal Concord WRS.

Should I be worried? What problems could I get without bypass?

If it is an old system I expect you have a 'heat leak' rad some where in you system, often in the hall or landing, or possible the towel rail in the family bath room is off the primaries! one rad with lock shield valve on both ends!!

Hope this helps.

Depends if your concord has pump overrun after the burner switches off!

Dont think its as important if you have a big cast iron hex !

You won't need a bypass with a concord unless all your rads have trv's

Just in the middle of replacing some rads (thanks to all on here for the advice re. concrete floors). Whilst my friend was helping drain down, he noticed that my s plan has no bypass, whilst his does.

It's a standard vented system, and boiler is an old, but reliable Ideal Concord WRS.

Should I be worried? What problems could I get without bypass?

forget about it until you have a new boiler fitted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to No Bypass On S Plan. Does It Matter? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All, Looking for a bit of advice on the best way to pipe this. - 24kW Worcester regular boiler in kitchen, approx. 9 years old - unvented...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Just wanted to share my experience with "upgrading" an S plan setup to Opentherm and Vaillant Control Center (VR66). There are a few...
Replies
Views
S Plan CH, unvented, system boiler, hot water plus 2 additiional zones ( zone 1 (landing, bedrooms and bathrom), zone 2 ( downstaris livig areas)...
Replies
Views
Hi All! first post. đź‘Ť Im starting to put together a plan to put two bathrooms in my house. I'm looking for some input on my plan. Ive made a...
Replies
Views
D
Not sure how long this has been happening but some symptoms have been there a while - only noticed now as the house is cold in this weather plus I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock