Search the forum,

Discuss How to fully TRV'd an S PLAN CH/HW system in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

S Plan CH, unvented, system boiler, hot water plus 2 additiional zones ( zone 1 (landing, bedrooms and bathrom), zone 2 ( downstaris livig areas)

I am thinking of
1. removing the automatic by pass
2. adding TRV's to all rads using apple home kit /cloud connected.
3. rewiring the pump to the boiler for the interlock to support fully TRV'd setup per the vendor instructions

I am concerned that there would be a problem with whats called fully TRV'd systems.

The change in wiring for the pump to the boiler, this boiler does not require a bypass - in vendor the instructions...

The expectataion that you don't put a TRV in the bathroom...

I fear that

1. No TRV in the bathroom is basically a making the rad a bypass...( note I am removing the auto bypass as not requiredin fully trv'd S plan accordig to the vendor....

but what about the no TRV in the bathroom......thats a real conumdrum, confusing...

I checked the bpec and can't see anything specific about bathroom trv's...

appreciate if anyone can explain the perfect TRV'd S Plan install thats fully TRV'd - when the bathroom is not getting a TRV...lol

Thanks in advance for your help... helping the environment by reducing my energy consumption...

please help!!...no one seems to really know...well the ones I know....seems to be too many break fixes around lol...

I just spoke to Potterton / BAXI support and they confirmed as follows:

2 fully trv the system - you are going to turn off the boiler by engaging the interlock on the boiler.

to do this you need all the rads to have a TRV including the Bathroom else it will be a bypass.

- I read the long list of TRV issues about TRV's in the bathroom and find that the those issues affecting old TRV designs might not apply to digitial TRV's depending the design of the digital TRV that use internal electronic senors that and powered motors to set the rad temperture.

so I need to do as planned

1. remove the thermostat
2. wire the pump to the boiler for the interlock to engage on the boiler
3. fit TRV system to all RADs
4. remove the automatic bypass

this will then be a fully TRV'd system. controlled from the TRV's.

They confirmed that the boiler spins up the pump every few minutes to check if a TRV is open so it can startup and start sending heat.

the on/off switch in on the programmers control box to say h/w / zone 1 on or zone 2 on during a time period or always on.

The new electronic TRV's are probbaly the answer........

if you need more heat in the bathroom for the towel rad --- you can set that one at say 5...and it will dry you towels --even better if you can scheule a quick override...like a fast towl dry for bathroom TRV from an app...

Can you give me your ideas on this please appreciated as I get hold of my old plumber....

no doubt he'll still give me his yrs of experience as to why this is still a bad idea... :)

Reply to How to fully TRV'd an S PLAN CH/HW system in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock