Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss New water cylinder leaking sticky stuff... Need help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kirsty 12

I bought a new house 6 months ago and the water cylinder is leaking stick stuff is that normal? I have added a photo

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 49
what you have is a leak on the compression joint, if your confident then nip the fitting up using another spanner to stop the valve turning, if not then give a plumber a call.

the sticky stuff is the central heating inhibitor in the water.

If it is a brand new house just get onto the builder to get his plumbers to come back and fix a leak they left.

This will be covered under the new house warranty/guarantee. Get on to the builders to get this fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New water cylinder leaking sticky stuff... Need help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new...
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock