Discuss New Vaillant Eco 618 fitted in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gforce17

Hi,

my old boiler turned on when thermostats demanded and fired away until temps reached. This new one appears to start of at low temp and gradually builds up to target of 80 degrees. Is this what should happen with these modern computerised machines? Thanks.

Thanks. Does it mean I need to set the timer to turn on earlier to ensure that the house is warm on getting up in the morning?

No. As long as the water in the radiators is warmer than the room the radiator is in, the radiator will lose a percentage of the extra heat the water in the radiator has to the room. Which in turn heats the room. The boiler regulates how much it is burning in order to stay efficient and measures the temperature returning to the boiler from the radiator circuit to assist in doing this. The only reason you would need to change the timer settings for the boiler is if it was not heating your house up in time, not simply because it knows how fiercely or not to burn based on the current heating requirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New Vaillant Eco 618 fitted in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I recently had a new 2023 Vaillant ecoTec plus 630 (30kW) system boiler installed along with a Low Loss Header (LLH) in my house. I have 21 rads...
Replies
Views
Hi all I have a Vaillant eco boiler at a new house I moved into last week. It’s a combo boiler and the last boiler I had was old (and much...
Replies
Views
I have a Vaillant eco plus 837, year installed 2008. It works well. We have one large zone for the house with 13 rads running off it. We also...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Just wanted to share my experience with "upgrading" an S plan setup to Opentherm and Vaillant Control Center (VR66). There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Vailant EcoTec Boiler with a Megaflo. These are controlled by a Honeywell controller. I have one 3 port diverter, where one of the...
Replies
Views
Back