Discuss New Small Radiator with best Heat ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

westcountrycat

Hi everyone,

I have a room for my son but it is very small. he has a bog standard single panel radiator 50 cm wide by 45cm tall. We can't really go any wider but could could a few Centimetres taller.

Are there any really good rads we could replace it with to kick out the heat a bit more ? It's so cold in winter. We have considered underfloor heating but advised that it wouldn't work out that well and also we have a reasonably tight budget.

We are just about to carpet the room and hoping that might help but any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hang fire, I`m sure somebody will be along who can explain it better with more experience in radiators.

When the radiator is on is it an equal heat all over the panel?

Stelrad do plenty of sizes as do other manufacturers , they are good radiators , have a look at their K2's and K3's just have a look on their website unless somebody on here leaves you a link

EF.JPG

You could probably improve the heat losses wM2/k possibly with extra insulation in the loft, secondary double glazing or the thin rolls of polystyrene insulation, I'm guessing you might not have cavity walls and might live in a property built from locally quarried stone. i used to live in a rubble stone wall terrace in Somerset years ago and every room was freezing during the coldest spells.......I had a hot water bottle lol

Thanks for all your help, will be going for the double panelled one.

My advice !

Measure the room, length breadth and hieght, how many outside walls whether it's up or downstairs and if it's got wooden floors. Is it a fully insulated house ( I understand if you have no idea on that ).

Go to merchant with those sizes and size of rad and they'll probably work out the heat requirements for you.
If it's a bedroom you want it at 65 deg F or 18 deg C ( same)
All this is good if the rad you've got is working at present ( hot ) and the pipe sizes are big enough to handle more output.

Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New Small Radiator with best Heat ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Sorry if question already answered in previous posts, but I can't find a solution to the below: We recently moved house to a new home that...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I live in a flat that has communal heating through a single pipe system. I recently had replaced a deco flat panel (waffle) radiator...
Replies
Views
Oil boiler (now~15 years old) unvented system with 17 radiators. We moved in 5 years ago and I had to keep bleeding the same radiator. The bleed...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I noticed this winter my living room rad only get hot in the top half. Radiator is 1600mm(DP SC) double panel single convector. System...
Replies
Views
Hullo everyone its a while since I posted on here basically because i have had no plumbing issues however I have one now. My son recently moved...
Replies
Views
Back