Search the forum,

Discuss New drill in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

finchy01

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
My old ryobi has finally given up the ghost on a job earlier so I need to invest in a new drill. I deadly want an impact driver too but budget is extremely tight. £200 for both ideally but I don't want to buy cheap (although my ryobi has lasted 8 years). Is there much difference between 10.2/12v and 18v? Any recommendations as I'm swaying toward makita at the moment.

I'd rather pay a little more but in the end you safe ... as above - 18v for me

B&Q had a Makita set in last week, 18v hammer drill & impact driver

I pay more attention to amp/hours, than voltage. No point in having something that only lasts five minutes. Before it need re charging.

Last edited:
Check out Dewalt DCD991P2 - top drill, DEWALT‘s most powerful 18V XR Li-Ion Brushless XRP drill driver featuring XR 5.0Ah Li-Ion battery.

Home*-*Products*-*Powertools*-*Drills - Drill Drivers*-*18V BL DD18V BL DD - DEWALT

IMG_0143.jpg

Last edited:
Good tools aren't cheap, I use Metabo. There year guarantee with excellent back up.

It's not cheap either - 180 quid bare.

with batteries its about £30 cheaper

or £429 for a kit impact drill two 5ah batteries and charger and case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New drill in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock