Discuss New build - rad to towel rail in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Scott_D

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
I have been asked to change a rad to a towel rail in a new build bathroom

As you can imagine it’s 10mm plastic out the wall

Has anyone got an image of 10mm plastic into a towel rail so that I can show the customer how it will look if I just swap as they have asked?

Do I have any options other that opening the wall and changing to copper?

Best I can find online.

4AFF2839-0545-4AAE-AD84-D97ADA7CC4F2.jpeg

Depends where the studs are could pull the plate off and have a look etc then put the 10mm back in the wall and drill 2 new holes so they go straight into the valves

Don't think there's a different way to pipe it without damaging the wall. A better option would be a towel rail similar to this one that will help conceal the pipes better.
1200x450mm Anthracite Flat Panel Ladder Towel Radiator | soak.com
And use these in the straight rad valves to keep the pipes as tight to the rail as possible so they're barely visible.

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/drayton-push-fit-elbow-adaptor-for-trvs-lockshields-15-x-10mm/9970r

Reply to New build - rad to towel rail in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hi all. The current towel rail is 1000mm x 600mm and ideally I'd like the pipes coming straight from the ground into the rail. The distance...
Replies
Views
Hi there, Can I simply undo the screws on this heater towel rail, make sure it's off and prop it up while I paint the wall behind it? I saw...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I have an electric towel rail which has stopped working. All the lights are flashing from blue to red and the boost light is flashing green I...
Replies
Views
I have a caravan with a brand new heating system.The Valliant combi boiler is working fine but one radiator and one towel rail are stone cold.I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock