Currently reading:
new boiler + unvented cylinder - mains flow rate at 14 l/m

Discuss new boiler + unvented cylinder - mains flow rate at 14 l/m in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Snoop

Dear all - first post, having spent sometime reading the various posts related to flow rates, unvented cylinders and new boilers, I think I need some advice:

- 1 bathroom + 1 shower, possibly another one to be added
- water flow rates on 1st floor are very poor; upstairs bath / shower is poor
- currently a vented system with a cold water tank in the loft, no real height hence poor flow
- 4-5 adults in the house during mornings and evenings, kids have grown up!
- hence the unvented cylinder + new boiler seems best option

Thames water measured pressure and flow rates, 2.5 bar and 14 l / min.

Questions:-

1. what would happen with such a low flow rate? Most cylinders states 20 l/m. Would the energy efficiency be impacted or just get a lower flow rate to the taps?

2. is it worth buying the boiler / cylinder from the same manufacturer - I like the sound of the Vailiant ecoplus 637 + IStor cylinder

3. any issues with putting both into the airing cupboard - replacing existing cylinder and Potterton nettaheat boiler.

4. I have TW coming to provide cost of upgrading mains pipe to a higher bore, but they do so only to the property boundary. Any views on expected costs?

5. should we just replace boiler + cylinder, then if required upgrade the water supply, as suggested by one of the plumbers quoting?

Thanks
Snoop :)

Is it possible to upgrade your incoming mains water to a larger diameter pipe? You should then size it to achieve more than 20 litres per minute. Your pressure sound fine.

Thank you, Reg Man. Thames Water are coming to give me a cost to upgrade the incoming water main.

I do wonder whether we go for the boiler + cylinder, regardless?

Boiler and cylinder IMO

Far better system

Also fit 2 immersions for when boiler packs up (cant do that on a combi)

if the pipework is on your lnd, cheaper to use your own plumber/ground workers to link back to stop valve/meter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to new boiler + unvented cylinder - mains flow rate at 14 l/m in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock