Discuss New boiler quotes, what's the going rate? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you can flush all the rads before fitting, be surprised how much rubbish they can have in them

So might be worth me connecting the flow to the mains and running it through each rad in turn?

If you have an open vent system I wouldn't connect the flow to the mains.:p:p:p:p

New system, think he means flow then each rad

And have the rad outside to flush

No im taking the old system out and going to a combi. We currently have an ancient Poterton boiler, a hot water cylinder and two water cisterns in the loft.

I mean once i have piped up the rads, run the return to a grid, and connect the flow to the mains. Turn the tap on and go around the house opening each radiator in turn.

No im taking the old system out and going to a combi. We currently have an ancient Poterton boiler, a hot water cylinder and two water cisterns in the loft.

I mean once i have piped up the rads, run the return to a grid, and connect the flow to the mains. Turn the tap on and go around the house opening each radiator in turn.
Thought you did but was double checking ;);)

I have been pressure testing as i go and so far its held pressure each time overnight. Probably do a final one with the system full with as much water as i can before pumping it up.

I always flush before filling the boiler towel rails always have debris from the manufacturing process , stelrad have been especially bad recently rusty water in a few i have fitted maybe from testing in the factory ? Cheers kop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New boiler quotes, what's the going rate? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We live in a 1980s four-bedroom detached house. The time has come for new central heating. The current system is a mild revision of the original...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Looking for a bit of advice on the best way to pipe this. - 24kW Worcester regular boiler in kitchen, approx. 9 years old - unvented...
Replies
Views
I just had a quote for a new boiler install as follows I dont undertand why a 15-60 boiler pump is needed and a 25-100 pump is needed as well I...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just had my central heating system "upgraded" for a four bed-roomed detached house. The heating company recommended going from the open...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We have finally decided after a bit of a persuasion to have installed a utility room in our garage that currently houses our oil boiler...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock