Search the forum,

Discuss Need to cap a hole after removing an overflow pipe in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I have an overflow pipe (standard diameter 21.5mm) sticking out through a hole in a white uPVC fascia board at our house, but the overflow pipe is no longer required and could be removed. However, before removing it, I need some way of capping the hole - a white barrel plug, for example. Does anyone know of any supplier who could sell me just one cap/plug? There are a number of online suppliers but, invariably, there is a minimum order quantity or value.

Drill it out bigger and use a white tap hole plug blanking plate as used for kitchen sinks? May be easy to obtain at Wickes or local merchants, if you can't get a toilet cistern overflow blank easily?

Online isn't always the best option especially if you don't want to pay postage. As you say, no one really wants to post out one blanking plate/plug.

Frankly, I would be quite happy to pay postage and packaging for just one flanged barrel plug if it solves my problem. I would like to know who buys packs of hundreds of these plugs, and I would ask them whether they would be willing to sell me one. I phoned one manufacturer/distributor of these plugs and asked whether they could put me touch with someone who buys them in bulk, but they refused to do it. Understandable really, data protection regulations and all that.

The hole in the facia is unlikely to be 21.5 so I'd think a 24mm plug would do, but you either need to confirm size or buy a couple of different sizes.
4 for £2.45

Facia is pretty soft so you'd probably be able to just push the plug in

Reply to Need to cap a hole after removing an overflow pipe in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock