Search the forum,

Discuss Need old timer's advice. in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a water main tube (not pipe) from the meter to my house, built in 1971. It is black plastic, feels like polyethylene. The ID is 1 3/8 (1.375") with .200" wall thickness (1.775 OD). This is buried under a 400 foot driveway. The house burned down in the Woolsey fire and I have to now try to adapt to this tubing or trench 400 feet to replace it. I have found no reference to a 1 3/8" ID tubing anywhere. Do I have to machine a stainless hose barb to adapt to it? Has anyone heard of this tubing and/or know where to find off the shelf barbs? Any help would be appreciated.

Cut a small piece off and take it to a merchants. Should be able to get a fitting for it. From memory the last one I had like this I used a philmac fitting.

Reply to Need old timer's advice. in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The left rear floor corner is highest (the shower pan touches/sits on the floor), sloping down diagonally to the front right corner (lowest). The front right corner shim is 5/8", the left front corner is 3/8" shimmed, with shorter shims under left middle and right rear corner. The pan perimeters...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock