Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Need confirmation that I have found my stopcock in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All. I am trying to locate the stopcock in my property. After a good few hours searching I think I may have found it - but would like some advice from plumbers / DIY experts. Is what I have found actually a stopcock? Can you take a look at the pictures attached and tell me what you think? I found it tucked away behind some drawers in my kitchen. I suppose that the easiest way of finding out if this is indeed a stopcock would be to turn it and see if it turns off my water. I did try that however - but it's very stiff so thought it might be sensible to get advice from this forum before proceeding further. Thanks for your time.

Attachments

• 20230710_110904.jpg
    20230710_110904.jpg
    277.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 20230710_110921.jpg
    20230710_110921.jpg
    406.2 KB · Views: 10
It certainly looks like it is, and like you say, turn off to confirm. Perhaps apply some maintenance spray? Be careful, as you may get a drip from the gland nut afterwards, usually sorted by tightening the gland nut back up.

Reply to Need confirmation that I have found my stopcock in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, I've joined the forum today as I've found myself going round in circles with what I think might be a pretty simple problem, hoping...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I’m new to the forum and joined specifically to try to get an answer to my question. I have an 88yo mother-in-law who is recently...
Replies
Views
Hi all, thank you so much in advance for any help. I’m always really grateful for the advice and support from experts when I have been on here a...
Replies
Views
Apprentice plumber here studying level 2 at college. Before I got into plumbing I tiled over my stopcock as I assumed I wouldn't ever use it...
Replies
Views
Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock