Currently reading:
nearly murdered

Discuss nearly murdered in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
There have been several documented fatalities caused by discharging a carbon dioxide fire extinguisher in a confined space including computer server rooms. The carbon dioxide purges the oxygen to put out a fire.
i thought computer rooms used argon. as it dipletes o2 in the air therefore distinguishing a fire:rolleyes: not freezes the knuts of the operators.:)

Carbon dioxide is often used as it is heavier than air and fills a room from the bottom up.

Argon would have the same effect in a confined space but you are referring to an automated system and there will not normally be anyone present.

replaced the gasket today, boiler lovely. room co level is zero, flue CO levels 80ppm - 0.0004, flue CO2 levels at 11%.
thread just beginning to get interesting !!

Carbon dioxide is often used as it is heavier than air and fills a room from the bottom up.

Argon would have the same effect in a confined space but you are referring to an automated system and there will not normally be anyone present.

your unusually right there:D, i was referring to automated system normally unmanned mainframe type rooms such as the boots h.o.:)

;) good ole jambo dont ya just love him:D
light the touchpaper...boom.i think flammability levels of C02 are 5-15%,question is I have a SPECIAL room that I look after,can't go into too many details,REDSAW knows all about it;)But I'm worried about soldering in a room full of C02.Will I explode when I start my blowtorch?

light the touchpaper...boom.i think flammability levels of C02 are 5-15%,question is I have a SPECIAL room that I look after,can't go into too many details,REDSAW knows all about it;)But I'm worried about soldering in a room full of C02.Will I explode when I start my blowtorch?
CO2 (Carbon Dioxide) is not flammable, it's used in fire extinguishers and it's dry form is "Dry Ice", CO (Carbon Monoxide) at 12.5% becomes explosive according to this site: Gas Information : Carbon Dioxide, Carbon Monoxide, Flammable Gas, Oxygen, F-Gas systems & Refrigeration Gas : Safety Gas Detection
Martin.

Can anyone reccomend a good gas/CO monitor/alarm? Nothing flash or expensive.

wicks do one for £14.00
got three from B&Q for £10 each yesterday
Plumbers Merchants starting to come down in price
started putting them in every managed property i look after with fire of o/f -b/f or positive pressure boiler,after doing inspection ,at the above prices,no one complaints,just pass on at cost :)

Can anyone reccomend a good gas/CO monitor/alarm? Nothing flash or expensive.
As Migoplumber mentioned earlier in this thread, lloyds pharmacies do a CO detector for £9.99 but if you want one that detects both flammable gas and CO then thats going to cost you more.
Martin.

As Migoplumber mentioned earlier in this thread, lloyds pharmacies do a CO detector for £9.99 but if you want one that detects both flammable gas and CO then thats going to cost you more.
Martin.

Its good as puddle said to fit the CO monitors, but Im thinking for me so flammable gas aswell. It will get abused in the tool box so needs to be rugged.

the co detector is stand alone and comes with me in all plant rooms since incident.
buy a pipping gas detector about 100 quid.
difference is you can smell gas - thanks to the added chemicals.

wicks do one for £14.00
got three from B&Q for £10 each yesterday
Plumbers Merchants starting to come down in price
started putting them in every managed property i look after with fire of o/f -b/f or positive pressure boiler,after doing inspection ,at the above prices,no one complaints,just pass on at cost :)

i have got pts down to £13 each for the honeywell, corgi and cocca approved ones i also put them in all rented propetys, they have no battery's,last for six years, its one of the only oxygen cell approved types, and has a 6 year warranty

i have got pts down to £13 each for the honeywell, corgi and cocca approved ones i also put them in all rented propetys, they have no battery's,last for six years, its one of the only oxygen cell approved types, and has a 6 year warranty

Will have a look,have to keep price around that figure or start to have landlords moaning if much more but at these prices easy to insist on them:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to nearly murdered in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock