Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Ncs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pauls

my local chineese has had health and safety round and she has gone to town on the gas inspection report all jobs have been rectified less for a gas fired water heater balanced flue it has been noted as NCS on the report as it is 540mm from an internal corner.......... health and safety are saying this needs to be actioned ( the H&S woman dosent even know what she is looking for she was trying to point out the flue on the inside of the building then addmitted she doesnt really know what she is looking at).

im trying to explain that it is a NCS observation and will have complied to clearences when fitted how ever they have changed, there is no need to rip it out and re-locate.

any other thoughts on this please.......

Get her to ring GS or you ring and explain the problem and then put her on

Not To Current Standards is just that, not to standard. Point H&S to the Gas Safety (Installation &Use) Regulations 1998 or the current GIUSP's ... Ask her if she's Gas Safe Registered! LOL

there are loads of things that are NTCS , today i went to a job where a boiler was adjacent to a sash window, needless to say the window is never opened ,to comply with current regs

there are loads of things that are NTCS , today i went to a job where a boiler was adjacent to a sash window, needless to say the window is never opened ,to comply with current regs

although the window is never opened, it still neds to be at least 150mm from the opening in the fabric of the building ie where the frame meets the hole in the wall

Gasmarc, what sort of distance was the flue adjacent to the window?

I'd have pushed the client into getting the sash permanently shut. Probably with security screws and battens.

Not telling you how to chew eggs by the way, just I'm funny about windows!

Last edited:
no worries its about 2 or 3 foot away from the window , that is never opened in a basement

tell her, you are pleased she has the day out from being out of the office from doing the photocopying and making the tea.

however, your in my office now luv, so dont preach what you dont know, try asking instead of telling.

well GS work on behalf of the HSE so you would think it would not be hard for her to research and confirm your information. Ask her what qualifications she has to perform and report gas safety problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ncs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Guys, Im looking to come to Australia in january/febuary 2024. I have a working holiday visa already sorted. I run my own plumbing and heating...
Replies
Views
Hi I need some advice as this has been ongoing since august and nobody can find a problem but meantime water is damaging my walls. The lady...
Replies
Views
Had our gas Baxi Combi inspected and serviced today, as it has been every year. Gas safety cert issued and says all okay, but engineer gave what I...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone. Please could you give me any advice? I am a student in a building with other rooms and studios. I have a room and en-suite shower...
Replies
Views
E
Hi all, Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but I can't find an answer to my questions. I have a back boiler and gas fire which h has...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock