Search the forum,

Discuss Water backing up in shower - please advise in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello everyone. Please could you give me any advice? I am a student in a building with other rooms and studios. I have a room and en-suite shower. I use have to use a friend’s shower at the moment. Since I moved in to my room the water in shower has now and then been slow to drain, or completely builds up in the tray when using shower, and the maintenance person has fixed it a number of times. It has recently become worse. If any water goes down plug hole in sink, lots of dirty water quickly backs up in the shower. I am worried to report it as the maintenance person and one of the staff have been really creepy and as a woman on my own I don’t want them back here at all. A friend suggested using one of the products you can pour down to clear blockage. She said she thinks sinks and showers usually share an out let so it could be poured down either. Water is backed up right up to the drainage hole in the shower so I wouldn’t put it down there, I imagine it will just sit on top of the blockage and go all over the shower tray. I’d really like to try to resolve it. I am anxious that if I try to clear it from either sink or shower the product mightn’t go down and then the problem will be worse. It isn't very clear, but photo is of shower drain after I first cleared away the water, it is visible when you look down there. Please could you advise me at all?

Attachments

• B68E6C34-90D1-494C-88FB-716A5C6D87EF.jpeg
    B68E6C34-90D1-494C-88FB-716A5C6D87EF.jpeg
    242.4 KB · Views: 1
I wouldn’t if anything goes wrong it’s your problem keep at the maintenance team you want it fixed as you can’t use it so it’s a sanitation issue

Boil a kettle and pour some hot water down there you may need to do it a few times , I wouldn't go pouring chemicals down there it can go drastically wrong if your not careful. Kop

I wouldn’t if anything goes wrong it’s your problem keep at the maintenance team you want it fixed as you can’t use it so it’s a sanitation issue
Hello Sean, very reluctant to have them back here, but I appreciate your advice.
Boil a kettle and pour some hot water down there you may need to do it a few times , I wouldn't go pouring chemicals down there it can go drastically wrong if your not careful. Kop
Thanks Kop. If I pour anything down there I think it will just overflow back up into tray rather than going down (I assumed you are advising boiling water down shower drain, not sink). But very grateful for your non-chemical tip.

Yes very hot water it can dissolve soap scum pour it slowly though if it doesn't shift then it's a maintenance job I'm afraid 🙁. If you feel uncomfortable get a friend to be there with you preferably a male . Kop

Reply to Water backing up in shower - please advise in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock