From the United States of America? - Checkout our specific plumbing forum for you:USA Plumbing Forum

Discuss Multi-tool blades, which do you use? in the Plumbing Tools area at PlumbersForums.net

gmartine

Gas Engineer
Seem to be quite a few making them nowadays... Saxon, Shark but don't want to fork out for Bosch if I can help it, just a fair value assorted pack for timber/plastic. Which are decent?

JCplumb

Esteemed
Plumber
Advent Win
I have used bosch and dewalt blades and they're better than the cheap ones but I don't think they're so much better that they're worth paying up to 4 times more per blade.
So I go with the cheapo ones from toolstation, the shark tooth ones eat through wood and last well as long as you don't hit any nails.
There was a pack of three bosch ones from poofix for about £15, that's a damn good price for them, not sure if they still stock them as bosch have changed the shape of the fitting on their tools and their blades are pretty much all updated to the new shape now.

ShaunCorbs

Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Saxon cheap ones doesn’t matter if I hit a nail then

townfanjon

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Advent Win
Tried all of the above all ok but at least they have come down in price , if you can be bothered you can sharpen them .

I had a pack from Aldi which were ok considering the price.

I suspect most brands do ok on wood and other soft materials, and it's only when you need to cut metal that the more expensive blades are justified...

Reply to Multi-tool blades, which do you use? in the Plumbing Tools area at PlumbersForums.net. Plumbing questions, answers, tips and tricks.

uHeat Forum Sponsor - PlumbersForums.net - Electric and Water Underfloor Heating Systems
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice 5
wattsie1987 Plumbing Tools 25
K Plumbing Tools 13
K Plumbing Tools 13
Whn1 Plumbing Tools 66

Plumbers Tools | Plumbing Tools and Advice

You're on PlumbersForums.net, the worlds largest plumbing community. Find Plumbing Tools and products at the best prices. Our plumbing suppliers are some of the biggest suppliers available, stocking the best brands and the best prices. Register to our community for free, and post a thread to ask a out the tool you're considering and we'll find the cheapest price with quick delivery for you. We also have the Tile community for Tiling Tools, and Engineering community for Electrical Tools.

Plumbing and Plumbers

Plumbing Workwear

Shower Power Booster

Plumbase Spares - Plumbing Supplies and Spare Parts

Water Underfloor Heating

CORGI Direct for Plumbers

The Wetroom Store

Plumbase Spares