Search the forum,

Discuss Multi-tool blades, which do you use? in the Plumbing Tools area at PlumbersForums.net

gmartine

Esteemed
Gas Engineer
Seem to be quite a few making them nowadays... Saxon, Shark but don't want to fork out for Bosch if I can help it, just a fair value assorted pack for timber/plastic. Which are decent?

I have used bosch and dewalt blades and they're better than the cheap ones but I don't think they're so much better that they're worth paying up to 4 times more per blade.
So I go with the cheapo ones from toolstation, the shark tooth ones eat through wood and last well as long as you don't hit any nails.
There was a pack of three bosch ones from poofix for about £15, that's a damn good price for them, not sure if they still stock them as bosch have changed the shape of the fitting on their tools and their blades are pretty much all updated to the new shape now.

Saxon cheap ones doesn’t matter if I hit a nail then

Tried all of the above all ok but at least they have come down in price , if you can be bothered you can sharpen them .

I had a pack from Aldi which were ok considering the price.

I suspect most brands do ok on wood and other soft materials, and it's only when you need to cut metal that the more expensive blades are justified...

Reply to Multi-tool blades, which do you use? in the Plumbing Tools area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock