Discuss Multi meters in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fluke true rms.
utu6ysa4.jpg

It breaks they replace it foc. But a simple screwfix £29 jobbie does almost the same on basic bits.

Fluke true rms.
utu6ysa4.jpg

It breaks they replace it foc. But a simple screwfix £29 jobbie does almost the same on basic bits.

Ive got a fluke steinel (sp)

lost my meter the other day an picked up a cheap one from Maplin...

how much did that set you back out of interest ?

Nothing!!!!! Was working with MOD spark and complaining about my meter. One fell in my box. It subsequently broke. Took unit into buck and Hickman . They sent it to fluke.... As it was a firmware issue I got a brand spanker in box week later!!!

If you can afford it a Fluke 106. That's what I use, but there's a few cheapy ones that are quite good.

Are you just asking out of interest or are you thinking about buying a new instrument? If you can say what you use your multimeter for exactly and your approximate budget I'll give you some recommendations.

I use several different multimeters depending on what I'm testing. Sometimes the latest and greatest all singing all dancing high-end Fluke multimeters aren't the best option. Digital testers are over sensitive, especially if they're designed to measure flame currents for example and can be very prone to giving false readings because of induced or capacitively coupled voltages from other circuits in close proximity. Some digital testers can't interpret a certain type of supply ie from a variable speed drive or even a normal lighting dimmer. Sometimes it's better to buy two or even three testers to cover your range of needs rather than trying to find a single tester that's a jack of all trades.

Nice one Marvoni, thanks for that.
I bought a cheapy auto range one from Maplin & it's rattles around in my tool bag, it'll do most jobs & if it get lost or stolen then it's no big deal.
But I do love my Fluke, it'll last a lifetime.

Nice one Marvoni, thanks for that.
I bought a cheapy auto range one from Maplin & it's rattles around in my tool bag, it'll do most jobs & if it get lost or stolen then it's no big deal.
But I do love my Fluke, it'll last a lifetime.

And when it brakes send it back just on off chance u get a free replacement!!

Well I have had a simple Fluke T40 voltage/amperage tester for just over a year, it has recently broken and will now not test continuality or amperage.
Spoke to a Fluke agent and they said "send it back and they would charge £85 to replace it", not the sort of service I was hoping for, they tell me it can't be repaired and that they are just throw away items.
Mark.

Sorry to hear that Mark, fortunately I've never had problems with Fluke stuff, so can't comment. Doing a quick Google the T40 does not show anywhere, perhaps it's me??

Sorry to hear that Mark, fortunately I've never had problems with Fluke stuff, so can't comment. Doing a quick Google the T40 does not show anywhere, perhaps it's me??

Sorry that should have said Fluke T140.

Would be inclined to agree with fluke it's a test stick. If broken cheaper to replace. Look at tpi, looks like cryton off of red dwarf but life time warranty . Rep was in bumcenter other day, I was ripping into him...... Ended up buying two volt sticks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Multi meters in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Can anyone recommend a decent multi meter, preferably under a 100 pounds. It's for checking boiler components so I don't need a top spec one...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
I am in process of replacing an existing sink with a new stainless steel one. The existing tap is plumbed directly to copper which means that it...
Replies
Views
Back