Discuss Meter installer - new to industry in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi guys,

any meter installers about?

im looking to complete a course to get CCN1 qualified and met1 qualified so I can look at becoming a smart meter installer.

once qualified all employers seem to want 6 -12 months experience as a meter fitter. How do you guys gain the first years experience?

also do you know why employers for dual fuel installers only seem to ask for gas qualifications?

thanks in advance.

mike

1/ You pay for course and they give you accreditation.
2/ Employer only wants people who are competent and don't need onsite training.
( No Offence - employer doesn't want costs to train you )
3/ Probably technical loophole - and ability to leave contactor responsible for any mishaps.

Reply to Meter installer - new to industry in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Hoping some of you folks can steer me in the right direction. I have been self employed for the last 15years supplying services to the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, hope this is ok to post here but I’m really struggling to get any responses from anyone. I am a 36 year old from just outside of...
Replies
Views
Hello Plumbers/Gas Engineers, Excuse if this question has been raised but i am in a slight dilemma and for the past 2 weeks the internet has not...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm looking for some advice please. My system has 5 Drayton Wiser TRVs. There are 8 rads over 3 storeys and a 170l unvented...
Replies
Views
Hello All and thanks Lou i did write a reply but it would not let me send it? i am not sure what I am meant to write and I do not want to come...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock