Discuss Megaflo he dd145 leak in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

matherw1971

Can anyone help - i have a megaflo he dd145 direct unvented tank - about 8 years old.

There is a small amount of water leaking from behind the element unit - its the bottom element.

I took the element off to investigate and the fitting that the element goes into has two holes one at 12 o` clock (where the element slides in to) and one at 6 o`clock (this is where a small amount of water is leaking from.

Does anyone have any idea what would cause this - the unit works fine and heats the water, but obviously i need to fix the leak.

Thanks in advance.

better with picas said but sounds like you are talking about thermostat holder tube is leaking,this is not an uncommon fault with their earlier models,if this is the case ,new immersion unit will be required

imho

Thanks puddle - can i assume from your reply that the bottom hole i described is the thermostat holder tube? You mention replacement of the immersion unit, is this the whole round fitting (with the two holes i decribed) that the element fixes to. If so do you have any idea of price for the unit to buy.

Thanks.

Looking online price for a new immersion unit appears to be around £75.

Could i fit this myself as they come with tool to screw in - i assume that the tanks needs to be drained and the new unit screwed in????

Cheers in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Megaflo he dd145 leak in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
I have attached an image of the brass body within a tap. Having replaced a cartridge which has cured a leaking tap, I can see that there is a...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Back