Discuss Makita 18v sds in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millsy 82

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Are they any good and do the batteries last long?

I want a cordless sds and ideally would like a 36v but can't really afford one.

All my 18v kit is a makita so I was wondering if it is worth buying.

Really I want it for when I'm doing rads etc so would only need to drill the occasional hole through for larger pipes when doing rads behind each other. I might just wait a few weeks/ months and get a 36v but they are quite a bit more.

Yeah this is mine.

image.jpg

Got the changeable chuck which is handy.

I worked with billy once and used his Milwaukee and I'd say that was marginally better but for the cost I'm more then pleased with mine. I did have to send it off once for a new trigger (free) but other then that it's been brilliant for the abuse I've given it

I didn't know those ones existed I've only ever seen the smaller ones.

Really I want it for when I'm doing rads etc so would only need to drill the occasional hole through for larger pipes when doing rads behind each other. I might just wait a few weeks/ months and get a 36v but they are quite a bit more.

It will be fine for that kind of work

To be fair having a small and light SDS with no lead is handy. I think if you want a powerful SDS you can buy a mains one for a lot less than a powerful cordless.

for wacking up rads I have had a ebaouer (cant spell it) fm screwfix for 3 years and it does it fine for the price.

Mine was really good, I got it for the sds adapter / vibrator when power flushing...

It got pinched from the van tho :( pretty thirsty on big stuff as to be expected, but would hang rads etc with ease all day!!!

I have a 21volt Hilti small SDS cordless drill for doing raw plugs. Body was only ÂŁ129+vat
Great job, but that Makita is so cool looking!

I use the older 18v makita sds (not brushless) everyday for rads and pipe holes in masonry and concrete I think 26mm is largest I have drilled in masonry with a stsndard sds bit but I tend to step the drill sizes up to give it an easier time 8-10-16-24-26 etc. Even though it can be hungry its hardly a problem if you have enough batteries. There is always 1 charging or full and 3ah only take 20-30 minutes to full.

I have the makita in the above link, and use it all the time for rads and the like, have occasionally used it for larger, but prefer to use corded sds.

I have both 18v and 36v Makita cordless sds , 18v (bhr202) is brilliant , the 36v with both 36v batteries and twin battery adaptor (so for use two 18v batteries) cost a fortune and is no better than the 18v one in fact it's heavy, not much stronger, has a different charger and is pants! Don't bother just get a 18v and save yourself a fortune! I also prefer the old type 18v drill (bhr202) to the new brushless one, mines out lived my mates brushless one and had loads more hammer!

I have both 18v and 36v Makita cordless sds , 18v (bhr202) is brilliant , the 36v with both 36v batteries and twin battery adaptor (so for use two 18v batteries) cost a fortune and is no better than the 18v one in fact it's heavy, not much stronger, has a different charger and is pants! Don't bother just get a 18v and save yourself a fortune! I also prefer the old type 18v drill (bhr202) to the new brushless one, mines out lived my mates brushless one and had loads more hammer!

Just ordered a bare 18 v bhr 202, ÂŁ125,used them before on heating contracts,and the 36 v model, the 36 is a heavy beast,but the 18v is light handy and quick,and seems to be better made than its big brother

no but if someones willing to buy it i can put it to the test :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Makita 18v sds in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock