Discuss Making the Perfect End Feed Solder Joint in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's with the dubious looking cable? :)
tv probably,wont be sky they just chuck them over the roof,you know what sparks are like though archey* wink*nicking all the best routes wrapping 2.5 t+e around our 22mm F+R who would have thought a pipe running at 80 degrees would melt a cable and cause a bit of a mess?:smartass2:

...twas a recent job, couple had pipework re-routed round attic sides ready for conversion...local 'handyman' did it......about 4 kilo's of solder I reckon AND it had no less than three leaks...never seen so many couplings used before......crap job in every respect, but proves the point that visible solder and snots does not mean a solid joint.... IMG_0111.jpg

...twas a recent job, couple had pipework re-routed round attic sides ready for conversion...local 'handyman' did it......about 4 kilo's of solder I reckon AND it had no less than three leaks...never seen so many couplings used before......crap job in every respect, but proves the point that visible solder and snots does not mean a solid joint....View attachment 9105
​theres a sparkie infestation there call rentokillaspark

Hahaha....are people really this thick?!?!

My first attempt at plumbing (about 30 years ago), Yorkshire joint, no flux, surprise surprise it leaked!!!
Never had a leak since.

Plumbing is OK, it's the bit dealing with bogs that I can't handle.
The amount of crap that goes down my drains living with 4 females I have to unblock the drain now and again, but someone else sh.... no no ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Making the Perfect End Feed Solder Joint in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Short version: I have about 4" of pipe sticking out of a concrete floor in a cupboard. It makes a 45-degree bend as it exists (bent, not with...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am probably being unduly paranoid here but I noticed under our kitchen sink that there is some corrosion evident on a small section of...
Replies
Views
[ASIDE: I did wonder if this was the best forum for this but figured as it was a boiler related issue that the gas engineers would be dealing...
Replies
Views
I want to solder a 15mm end-feed elbow onto a straight run of pipe to join it up to a radiator. I've cut the existing pipe run just a fraction too...
Replies
Views
Hello. I hope someone here has the expertise to help. I know exactly what situation it took awhile. On the loft on the 6th floor there is a...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock