Discuss Making a sink cabinet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

marsaday

Any ideas on what i could use to sit my bowl sink on ?

I was thinking about using a length of iroko worktop. It could also be used to make the supoprting sides. I would like a door on it because i want to hide the pipe work.

Any bright ideas or links ?

very hard to say without knowing your personal taste and also what sort of house, decor, surroundings and budget, On one job I had a cabinet maker make bespoke cabinets with marble tops, the house was a couple of hundred years old and they wanted in keeping with the house, I also made one out of galvanised safety rails with a glass top, for a guy who had converted a wharehouse I thought it looked awfull but the owner loved it

As said it is what materials you like,wood,glass,stone.laminate ect,sit back and search through the internet for ideas,also depends on room available and if you do not have a lot you may want to give the illusion of space

When I have time ,want to experiment in concrete worktops,some of them look great

I agree concrete is more interesting than most people realise, back in the late 70s I recall helping my old man who was advising some tech guys from Ameys on how to make a concrete canoe, as I recall it started off as some sort of bet and ended up with a number of companies and colleges taking part, as I recall the Ameys canoe sank!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nice bit of wood iroko is or 'african teak'.
be sure not to get a splinter from it though as if it goes sceptic you could loose your finger or at worst-kill you.
also when working with the wood, be very carefull with the dust (as well as the splinters) as it is carcinogenic.
sorry for the negs but i spent some time with the family firm of shopmakers as a timbertech importing exotic wood from all over the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Making a sink cabinet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock