Discuss Magnacleanse..... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kay-jay

Who uses these?
I bought one recently and just read through all the stuff. All nice and easy. Tried it on a crappy system yesterday and results weren't as good as i hoped.

Firstly was micro bore system with a hidden manifold. (nowhere does adey say its not suitable for these systems)
Does anyone know any better? Or has anyone had good bad or indifferent results on a microbore system?

Secondly it was a combi and was a pain in the whatsits as it kept cutting out and the pump stopping is this usual for combis when flushing one rad at a time? or a symptom of this particular 'ideal isar' or possibly overheating because of poor flow through the manifold to the rad and back? again adey mention no issues with combis but obviously they couldn't advocate linking out the stat.

So has anyone flushed combis with MC and what issues did you have?

Thanks for the input

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Any form of flushing will struggle with microbore. For a combi all you need to do is mains flush to get rid of all the gunge. Cut a drain off in the flow under the boiler, isolate the boiler and flush through one rad at a time until the water runs clear, agitating if necessary with a vibraclean, rubber mallet etc.

Ta mike.
Was a very bad combi system. Seen many an open vent with less crap in it. Am gonna revisit this one and leave a cleaner in for a good couple of weeks then empty the magna clean. Hopefully get more crap out.

Photo0057.jpgPhoto0056.jpgPhoto0058.jpgPhoto0053.jpg

Magnacleanse works properly only in conjunction with a powerflusher IMO (whatever Adey say)

... and Magnacleanse is only to going to trap suspended metallic particles.

I've used it with great success in conjunction with x800. And a main powered flush as already mentioned.

I think the Isar and micro bore combination was probably the problem here.

Who uses these?
I bought one recently and just read through all the stuff. All nice and easy. Tried it on a crappy system yesterday and results weren't as good as i hoped.

Firstly was micro bore system with a hidden manifold. (nowhere does adey say its not suitable for these systems)
Does anyone know any better? Or has anyone had good bad or indifferent results on a microbore system?

Secondly it was a combi and was a pain in the whatsits as it kept cutting out and the pump stopping is this usual for combis when flushing one rad at a time? or a symptom of this particular 'ideal isar' or possibly overheating because of poor flow through the manifold to the rad and back? again adey mention no issues with combis but obviously they couldn't advocate linking out the stat.

So has anyone flushed combis with MC and what issues did you have?

Thanks for the input

Top tip is to leave a minimum Number of rads on using this method on microbore, never do one at a time, I have found 2 to 3 rads in groups, depending on size and runs etc, this keeps the flow rate up, and the debris moving and stops the boiler cycling too, double dose with X800 or F5.

View attachment 8661View attachment 8662View attachment 8663View attachment 8664

Magnacleanse works properly only in conjunction with a powerflusher IMO (whatever Adey say)

we got a norstrom pro flush.

how do you guys use MC with a flush machine?
i was going to connect the MC inline on one of the hoses from the pro flush however the camlocks are a different size. so it seems the alternative is to rig the MC under the boiler on return where you plan to leave a filter and rig up the flusher elsewhere on the system, is this what you do or do you have another method of rigging the two up together??

cheers

we got a norstrom pro flush.

how do you guys use MC with a flush machine?
i was going to connect the MC inline on one of the hoses from the pro flush however the camlocks are a different size. so it seems the alternative is to rig the MC under the boiler on return where you plan to leave a filter and rig up the flusher elsewhere on the system, is this what you do or do you have another method of rigging the two up together??

cheers

Hey kay jay, did you figure ot how to connect the two inline with each other, rather than the way you mentioned above.

oh no, more money. where can you buy these camlocks from them? sorry for all the questions mate

I have, but a year or so ago, iirc you need the larger 1"?? Banjo cam locks to go onto the magna cleanse and threaded hose barbs to get onto the 3/4" hose.

thanks, it is freaking me out looking at all those fittings on that site. Great site though. I like it

just ring proflush up ask for a replacement set of camlocks and switch em on the MC

Confirmed 1" banjo camlock a (to female bsp) then 1" bsp (m) to 3/4" hose barb to connect to magnacleanse, you will need two lots. Then just a 3/4" camlock to hose barb for connecting to the powerflusher.

guhy2a2e.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Magnacleanse..... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock