Search the forum,

Discuss Low loss header, more efficient with temp sensor? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

C

c928jon

I've got a Greenstar 8000 going through a low loss header feeding 3 circuits, two trad rads and one UFH. Will it increase efficiency by instaling a temp sensor on the header and setting the boiler settings accordingly?

I don't understand why you need the header in the first place on a 10:1 modulating boiler that size?
Wont the boiler set header temp anyway?

Reply to Low loss header, more efficient with temp sensor? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I am looking to replace my existing Vaillant heat-only boiler with a new Vaillant ecotec plus 630 system boiler (30kW). I have a megaflo hot-water cylinder, a central heating system (serving 21 radiators) and an orangery built last year (6m x 4m) with underfloor heating. Through running some...
Replies
Views
I recently had a new 2023 Vaillant ecoTec plus 630 (30kW) system boiler installed along with a Low Loss Header (LLH) in my house. I have 21 rads in the house and a room with UFH. The LLH was introduced as I was finding (before the LLH was fitted) that my old boiler (Vaillant heat-only boiler)...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all. I recently upgraded our CH system, but rather than the expected drop in gas consumption, Octopus is saying we're using roughly 30% more! The installer has said they can downrate the boiler, but to my mind that addresses maximum consumption, not any inefficiencies there may be relating...
Replies
Views
Hi all I've been reading about the Drayton Wiser system and along the way I began to go down a rabbit hole learning about heating system optimisation and efficiency and i've come to the conclusion that the boiler in my property is way oversized for the requirements, The property is a 4 bed...
Replies
Views
S
Hello all I have a Worchester Bosch greenstar 32CDi combi with an S plan, 3port for UFH downstairs (4 zones) via manifold & mixer valve, & upstairs 4 rad system, with towel radiator always open for a bypass. I have a full tado system that is basically set to relay on/off when any thermostat...
Replies
Views
StuckWithUFH
S
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock