Search the forum,

Discuss UFH/Rad combi boiler & Weather compensation in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

S

StuckWithUFH

Hello all

I have a Worchester Bosch greenstar 32CDi combi with an S plan, 3port for UFH downstairs (4 zones) via manifold & mixer valve, & upstairs 4 rad system, with towel radiator always open for a bypass.
I have a full tado system that is basically set to relay on/off when any thermostat calls for heat, The boiler flow is set to approx 56°c as after fiddling about it seems to be as low as possible to heat the upstairs without the boiler blasting.
If I were to add WB add-on of a weather compensation sensor would I actually gain anything here? The UFH is set at 55° via the bending valve.

My thought is that the flow temp could be lowered when needed to make the system more efficient and I dont have to keep an eye on the flow temp throughout the year BUT if it was only the UFH calling for heat and cold outside the boiler could be blasting away for hours whilst still only providing the mixer valve temp and therefore negate any savings & efficiencies.

Am I best to just keep a set flow temp on the boiler here?
Many thanks
StuckWithUFH

Reply to UFH/Rad combi boiler & Weather compensation in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock