Search the forum,

Discuss Loud vibrating noise when colder water tank is filling in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

David Palmer

We recently had a repair done to a leak under our kitchen sink.

Since then we are occasionally getting a loud vibrating noise, which seems to happen when the cold water tank is filling up in the loft. Last night the noise went on for a couple of minutes. I'm guessing it's to do with the cold water tank. Sometimes the noise can be stopped by flushing the toilet.

Am I correct in thinking that it is possible that we have an airlock? Does this mean draining the entire system.

Cheers

No this means you have either a faulty ball valve on your cold water tank or your main stopcock has a loose jumper valve from where the water has been turned on/off. Either of these will send a vibrating noise up the pipework.
If you had a plumber out to repair the leak i'd advise getting them back, depending how recently it was.

But it is worth noting, your plumber did not cause this noise, it was going to happen anyway, maybe something he needed to do to fix your leak (like turning the water off) hurried the process up, but without doing so - you would still have your leak.

But it is worth noting, your plumber did not cause this noise, it was going to happen anyway, maybe something he needed to do to fix your leak (like turning the water off) hurried the process up, but without doing so - you would still have your leak.

Totally. Agree with Fallon1982's diagnosis but it's down to normal wear and tear and would have happened sooner or later.

Not a difficult or expensive fix in any case.

Yeah as above. Sorry I should have stated that it would have happened whoever turned the water supply on and off! Could have happened from yourself turning the water on/off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Loud vibrating noise when colder water tank is filling in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock