Search the forum,

Discuss Looking for a decent estate or 4x4 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fallon1982

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Evening gents

Any recommendations on an estate or 4x4? Looking for something cheapish. Say under 3k.
Want something to do the occasional a tip run but half decent to drive about in.

I properly love my Zafira, with seats 6&7 down it's massive in the back, also the middle row of seats fold up and forward to give a boot about the same size as a Kangoo or similar small van.
It's pretty much a tardis with wheels.

I properly love my Zafira, with seats 6&7 down it's massive in the back, also the middle row of seats fold up and forward to give a boot about the same size as a Kangoo or similar small van.
It's pretty much a tardis with wheels.

Wasn't it the Zafira's that set on fire?? lol

Oh yeah, I remember reading something about some Zafiras getting a little burny.
Still a Tardis on wheels though ;)

My father in law was telling me the other day how his fav car he's owned was a Zafira... Just as he said it the news come on with them on fire!! You couldn't of written it!! lol

I would go for a saab 9-3 estate. You can pick them up dirt cheap and they are a lot of car for the money.

My Santa Fe is a decent drive and absolutely vast inside. If you can find an older 5 seater, you should pick it up reasonably. The 7 seaters tend to hold their price a bit better.

Those Zafiras go when theyre not on fire.
I had a new one on loan a couple of years ago.
Working on a ship at the time and my opposite number had driven 300 odd miles in it before swapping with me.
I grumbled when he opened the door that we always get crap cars.
First thing he said was how quick it was. Took no notice as it looked like a Tardis.
Damn it was fast! Cruising down the M1 in the early hours at an obscene speed. I think It was only a 2.0td
Always impressed with the Vauxhall although never owned one.
Probably never will either now as I don't want to get burned. Its not nice.

Id go with the saab. Especially if they still have a cockpit light

Last edited:
My Santa Fe is a decent drive and absolutely vast inside. If you can find an older 5 seater, you should pick it up reasonably. The 7 seaters tend to hold their price a bit better.

I used to have a Santa Fe, I really liked it. There was no option for 2 wheel drive though and it was just too thirsty for me. A trip to Blackpool costs me about a tenner in my Zafira, in the Santa Fe it was closer to £30.

I would say Land Rover, but they're hardly good to drive or under 3k.

I am now bracing myself.

I used to have a Santa Fe, I really liked it. There was no option for 2 wheel drive though and it was just too thirsty for me. A trip to Blackpool costs me about a tenner in my Zafira, in the Santa Fe it was closer to £30.

Mine is 2 wheel drive as standard, only goes to 4WD if I manually select it, or if it detects slippage.

I get about mid 40s on long trips, but only mid 30s on my normal commute.

Mine is 2 wheel drive as standard, only goes to 4WD if I manually select it, or if it detects slippage.

I get about mid 40s on long trips, but only mid 30s on my normal commute.

Can you fit a bound and gagged Tatjana in the back of it?

15 plate landies seem to be going up in value!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If buying a 4x4 have a look at Southampton import auctions. Got a Mitsubishi Pajero a few years back for £3000 sold it 4 yrs later for £5000.

Just bought a 2.5 year old Volvo V70 with 94k on the clock.
Over the moon with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Looking for a decent estate or 4x4 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Can anyone recommend a decent multi meter, preferably under a 100 pounds. It's for checking boiler components so I don't need a top spec one ....just easy to use and reliable. The fluke 115 looks good but its above my budget. My current socket and see one was great but it's developed a fault.
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock