Discuss Linking Multi Fuel and Gas Boilers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
you could use a triple coil cylinder albion do one called a eco cylinder and they are a good job available in 50x18 and 60x18, i installed one with a oil boiler, wood burning stove and solar.
the dunsley things are ok but would do it with a thermal store its a far better install option i know its cheaper the other way.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed so far.

Maisey - I would like to take you up on your offer of looking at your installation - how would you like to make direct contact? Also, I wondered if your brother-in-law, having been impressed with your installation, would be interested in the job of installing one for me, assuming he is HETAS registered, or equivalent, and lives locally to you. BG say they are happy for me to have the "add-on" done after the installation and say it will not affect my warranty provided the installer is HETAS or equivalent registered.

Hello – I see discussions like this cropping up on various forums. I’ve been working on a simple solution called the Fan Boiler, which safely connects wood burning stoves directly to existing central heating systems. Apart from being very easy and cheap to install, this system allows the user to turn ‘on’ and ‘off’ the heat transfer at the flick of a switch.

It’s not yet available commercially (I’m talking to various Stove manufacturers), but I’d welcome feedback from members of this forum. Take a look at the Products page of my website – www.kinxerg.com . If you like the idea, please tell others – I need as much feedback as possible. Thank you.

You need a thermal store, the best way to link all together. [DLMURL="http://www.newarkcoppercylinder.co.uk/cylinders/solar_thermal_store/"]Solar Thermal Store | Newark Copper Cylinders[/DLMURL] give them a ring. Not to expensive and very helpful.

Eco

Last edited by a moderator:
HI a year on from this thread but to Masie the ugly can you give any advice on fitting the neutraliser we are looking into it and have the system here ready to fit....

Not yet in commercial production, but take a look at the FHT Stove technology www.fhtstove.com - linking wood burning stoves directly to central heating systems - no back boiler, no gravity fed loop, no neutraliser tank, and you can choose when/if you want to transfer heat - a switchable system. Feedback much appreciated.

HI Masie thanks for replying

Just typed all this once and clicked reply instead of post so will try again grrrr

We have an oil fired central heating system working on an old but goodie Camray boiler. We have bought a generic Dunsley neutraliser to hopefully link a log burner with back boiler into the system.

We quite a distance from the burner to the hot water cylinder (which is vented) where the neutraliser is to situated and although the cylinder is upstairs a fair bit of the run is horizontal because of the way we are having to run the pipework. So to help out on this we have bought a grundfos ch pump. (We are hoping to use 28mm pipe from the log burner to the pump 22mm after the pump with reducer at the neutralizer to take it back up to 28mm)

now for all the questions

1. How far from the log burner do we site the pump and should it be on the out hot line or the return line.

2. DO we just connect the pipes into the neutralizer and then the hot out of it to the cylinder

3. (bearing mind our oil system is already installed) do we need the sunvic and all the other electronics that are on the diagrams for the neutraliser.

4. We have a distinct shortage of local plumbers who have heard of a neutraliser (i.e. zero) and when you ask any of them in this area they say not heard of that will check it out give me your phone number..... and never come back to us and when we ring back they say oh yeah sorry only deal with gas...

5. The diagrams we can find are all by Dunsley baker and appear to be quite complex does it need to be this complicated.

All advice is really appreciated

You shouldn't be having a pump on the feed from the log burner, should be gravity, where's the heat going in a power cut?

Yes it does have to be as complicated as the diagrams show, unfortunately. It's got to be safe!

Whereabouts are you located, there maybe somebody on here close enough to have a look and see where to go from. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Linking Multi Fuel and Gas Boilers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock