Discuss Leaking loo in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Peadingle

I've got a problem with my loo leaking where the pipe from the cistern goes into the bowl. Having had a good look at it I can't see how I will get a good seal as the pipe from the cistern is at an angle to the hole into the bowl - as shown in the bottom diagram.

Can anybody recommend a solution please?

cistern-pipe.jpg

Get a new flush pipe and replace your bent one. get it longer than you need and cut it back. Looks like the original installer 'made do' with one that is too short.
Toolstation, scrrewfix, PTS all stock them

You need to buy a new flush pipe (Screw fix sell them or any plumbers merchants) and a flush pipe cone. The flush pipe cone goes into the spigot on the toilet and the flush pipe is pushed into it to make a seal. The other end should have a nut and rubber cone and should go into the bottom of the cistern by 50mm.

A wee tip.... before fitting the flush cone into the toilet, put a ring of PlumbersMate around it and then push it home, wipe of the excess with a wetted finger and it will never leak.

Thanks chaps. I did wonder about that pipe. I may have to lengthen the waste too.

And thanks for the tip about the PlumbersMate.

I see Screwfix have two types of flush pipe, one with a curve, and the other with a tighter 90 degree bend. Presumably the latter would suit me as I wouldn't need to extend the waste pipe.

But it looks like the one with the tighter bend is for where the toilet is closer to the wall as it is in my case. And probably why the original installer cut the existing flush pipe so short leaving the angle on it.

I see Screwfix have two types of flush pipe, one with a curve, and the other with a tighter 90 degree bend. Presumably the latter would suit me as I wouldn't need to extend the waste pipe.
Doesn't matter as both types can be cut to size. I use ones that have a swan neck for concealed cisterns which is mainly the reason I fit a low level set like the one you've got.

My preference (if space is not too tight) is for the traditional curved one compared to the tight bend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Leaking loo in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there. I have a Cersanit close coupled toilet which as started leaking between the cistern and the bowl when flushed. I've taken the cistern...
Replies
Views
Hi. Water is slowly leaking into the toilet bowl from the cistern. I suspect that it's the rubber washer at the bottom of the tube that's the...
Replies
Views
Hi guys So a bit of a dilemma Normal WC Unit height 766mm which is around the average mark. quite alot of bogs lets say the flush pipe center...
Replies
Views
C
Hello My toilet flush is busted. The tank takes about 10 seconds to empty and it’s kind of showers down from the middle, rather than that sudden...
Replies
Views
Chris P
C
Hi Just had a new bathroom installed with a toilet bowl that reaches the back wall. Its has a bottom entry cold feed to the cistern. The fitter...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock