Search the forum,

Discuss Leak from Water pipe coupler in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello all,

I was fixing a stuck tap in my garden today, and after turning the isolator back on a coupler further along the pipe work started leak.

The coupler has hex nut screw so I decided to try tightening it, that didn't work and more water started to come out.

After isolating the water again, I fully removed the screw and its thread doesn't match the threaded hole in the coupler.

I have wrapped the screw in PTFE tape and put it back, but I would like to get a replacement screw.

I have attached a picture of the coupler (Sorry if that is the wrong term)

Can someone help please?

Attachments

• 20200812_192335.jpg
    20200812_192335.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 18
Double check valve

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/double-check-valve-15mm/96336

If you replace the old DCV with a new one make sure it's fitted inside and not outside. And with the arrow pointing in the direction of flow. Basic info but important.

Reply to Leak from Water pipe coupler in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Just had a new bathroom installed with a toilet bowl that reaches the back wall. Its has a bottom entry cold feed to the cistern. The fitter...
Replies
Views
I'm at the stage of my shower replacement where I have a new shower head to screw into the wall pipes. I tried it, turned on the shower, and find...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, I am replacing a leaking push fit flexi tap connector under the bath with a compression fitting flexi. The problem is that the old pipe seems...
Replies
Views
Hi I fitted a bath/shower 12 years ago and a few months ago it developed a leak. It was basically at a coupler on 40mm solvent where my new...
Replies
Views
Have a section of copper pipe I need to replace in my attic (very slow leak). Should I cut pipe behind existing coupler and replace from there...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock