Search the forum,

Discuss Lead Pipe Replacement Questions in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all

So I have done some plumbing in my house with push-fit pipes. And now I am looking into replacing the lead pipe from my main water supply.

In the picture you can see I have a plastic mains pipe, that runs into a 15mm pipe with stopcock. Then this is coupled to an old lead pipe.

This pipe runs up and under the floorboards. Presumably it used to go to the tanks which have been removed in place of a combo boiler. So now the water runs through the house down into the downstairs bathroom where it supplies my taps, tees off for the kitchen and then through into the combo boiler, where it then produces hot water and feeds that back out (correct me if I am wrong).

My questions -

If I replaced the lead pipe is a 22mm pipe the new standard?

Can I simply use a push-fit coupler (15 x 22mm) and join this to the 15mm copper where the stopcock is?

Can I use JG speedfit piping for this job?

Thanks in advance - and sorry if my terminology is rubbish.

Jim

5B363083-9B76-45A9-94E1-7B62579CDD97.jpeg

Yes you can and 22mm

You can use speedfit if you want best option is to install it in copper

If it was me I'd go from plastic ( I cant see but presume its black alkethene) to a new 22mm stopcock , check valve then onwards with 22mm copper . But if thats a bit much the answer to your query is yes lol

Bigger internal diameter and tbh if installed correctly will last longer

Reply to Lead Pipe Replacement Questions in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the depth of my cupboard is larger than this. The issue, however, is that the waste pipe which leads from the sink (next door cupboard) comes out quite a...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator pipes during the strip out. Not the end of the world as damages happens. I am responsible builder and paying my bills and to repair the damages if...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and pebbles!) We saw that the pipe that takes water down the gutter was visibly full to the top. He said he will return with a coil to push through...
Replies
Views
S
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock