Search the forum,

Discuss Knee and Achilles tendon health in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all. I hope this is appropriate for the forum but have any of you recovered from knee and Achilles tendon problems and if so can you share how please? I'm working on the knees (no improvement yet unfortunately) but no idea what to do about the Achilles tendons so any help would be much appreciated. Cheers all.

I'm only an infrequent and distinctly amateur plumber but have both those problems due to other health issues and treatment. Knee problems are an occupational hazard, so try to avoid kneeling on them (sit or lie on the floor or sit on low stool), and where there are no options use gel lined knee pads. When standing up from crouch do it one leg at a time so avoid force on knee until it's at 90 flex (I know that's tricky when you are wrapped around some tricky plumbing)

For the Achilles circulation in your lower legs may be key. I massage my calves and do some foot rotations (both dir) before getting out of bed otherwise I pull them after one or two paces. The most effective way to stretch after some warm up is a 2 inch firmish foam block under the front of the foot then with straight leg lean forwards holding handy piece of furniture for support. Wonder if something like cycling (no vicious hillclimbs) might help the circulation.

Silly question:Can you give your rough area so somebody can recommend a good local physio to get you the best diagnosis as a start point.

Cheers,

Roy (amateur)

What's your story TPG, how long have you been a plumber and how and why do think you're suffering now and what are your symptoms?

No judgement here, most of us probably haven't worn or forgotten to wear protection at some point or other but it would be for the good of others to read about your predicament.

Reply to Knee and Achilles tendon health in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock