Search the forum,

Discuss Kerosene Combi Boiler Advice Pls in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Wellsybird

Hello - I've just bought a leasehold property in a village with no gas - it currently has elec storage heaters - so I am exploring central heating options. Unfortunately there is no insurance for gas in the property, so I am looking at housing a kerosene combi boiler and would be grateful for any infos about the modern ones on the market - are they any good, do they smell, are they noisy, any trouble. All comments welcome, I am new to all of this. Thank you in advance!

Welcome to the forums. Being leasehold are you allowed to alter the heating system under the terms of the lease?

If possible avoid oil combi boilers. Expensive to buy and maintain and plenty of parts to give trouble. If the mains water supply is good flow and pressure, then firstly think of a standard system oil boiler and an unvented hot water tank. That's if you can do work on your property.

Combi's are like marmite. People love them or hate them. How bigs the property? How many beds and bathrooms?
If you have the space then you can go for an external boiler, no muck, smell or mess in the house.

Heat pump is an option if your starting from scratch

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Kerosene Combi Boiler Advice Pls in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I recently fitted a new central heating circuit and ran hot and cold to the bathroom and kitchen in my property (I was a CORGI registered central heating installer about 15 years ago, so I felt comfortable running the flow/return to rads). I am in need of a combi boiler install with a...
Replies
Views
M
I am currently in the middle of a complete rennovation of my house and need some advice on what kind of boiler to get. The house will have 4 bathrooms in total. One on the ground floor (shower), two on the 1st floor (en suite has a shower and family bathroom has a bathtub and seperate shower)...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Just a query about what size in KW gas combi boiler do I need for a top floor flat (3rd floor). I have a Vokera Easi heat plus (20kW) gas combi boiler and it does the job, the radiators never go as hot as the should for example there are ten dots on the heat dial but the radiators...
Replies
Views
Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a gas warning notice for at risk as the outside wall meter box has been drilled through for the gas pipe to go horizontal straight to the boiler. The...
Replies
Views
Had our gas Baxi Combi inspected and serviced today, as it has been every year. Gas safety cert issued and says all okay, but engineer gave what I think was very... ambiguous... advice. 12yo boiler with the following readings on the analyser printout: O2% = 4.1 CO ppm = 192 CO2% = 9.5 Ratio =...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock