Discuss Issues with 22mm piping?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that this may be a shot in the dark BUT has anyone checked that the boiler is working correctly ? and that the pump is ok ? how old is the boiler ?

So when I turn off the rads upstairs you can get heat going to the new rads, so does this mean that the piping size is the issue as suggested by the plumber??

All the new rads heat up ?

I would say it's a balancing or pump issue

could it be possible that the new rads are too big for the system...ie btu output? I was just thinking the system worked fine before on standard rads

could it be possible that the new rads are too big for the system...ie btu output? I was just thinking the system worked fine before on standard rads

Noo won't be too big and they look about right tbh

I would say as all the pipework is in screed its all 15mm as you have probably guessed. new combi fitted onto existing pipework? you say you turn off rads upstairs and new rads heat up....is there any pipework visible in airing cupboard or anywhere...could be an old gatevalve open acting as a bypass!! could just need balancing,doesnt sound like an airlock. pressure on boiler good?

that isolation valve on the return to the boiler before the filter fully open?? test the boiler on chimney sweep.

Ok guys so correct me if I’m wrong but firstly just connecting 22mm pipework to already 15mm pipework will do nothing to improve the heating up of those new rads. And secondly surely if the proposal of a new 22mm flow and return straight from the boiler to the new radiators would cause some tricky balancing of the rest of the house. ?? As Scott said it would be better for those rads to have been piped in 15mm straight off the 22mm flow and returns.

Those rads were originally piped from 15mm branched from 22mm until they were changed. Like to know if turning off the other rads worked, turn the CH on max and are you sure the hive system is set up correctly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Issues with 22mm piping?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi thank you for letting me join this forum . We have an air to water heat pump but the bungalow is piped in micro bore 10mm pipe which doesn’t...
Replies
Views
I need to extend my central heating from my newly built extension in to the old part of my house. I need to feed 3 rads in separate bedrooms on...
Replies
Views
I have a badly blocked feed pipe to kitchen rad, was running very slowly but I’ve made it much worse trying to clear blockage with curtain wire...
Replies
Views
G
HI folks, is it possible/feasible/reasonable to insatll an ufh manifold and system (for a 17m2 room) from a disused CH 15mm flow and return? I...
Replies
Views
I have a CH boiler installation with a nice simple vertical condensate drain, down and out through the wall to a pipe outside. All is as it...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock