Search the forum,

Discuss Is this bath faulty? split layers in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi everyone! I have been reading this forum for quite a while now, but posting for the first time.
I am doing a renovation in my bathroom, have received my acrylic bath today and I can see on the waste hole that the acrylic layers are split and it created like an air layer inside the bath base. I tried to step on it in the middle and heard a crackle (I guess I pushed the top layer to the bottom one), the surface looks fine though.
I am attaching the picture of this possible defect and would like to ask for a professional view - is this a problem? should I return this bath?
I saw a topic on another forum where someone's bath got filled with water inside, that doesn't look good as a potential scenario...

Thank you in advance for your advice!
1642073240517.JPEG

Thank you everyone!
The bath is Plumbworld's own brand Worcester freestanding bath.
I don't think I can get their honest opinion on whether it's faulty or not.

Snowhead, this is really useful! I had an idea that these are different types of materials, but didn't know what that 'green' layer is. I watched a video, still cannot understand if plywood is bonded onto the acrylic (by heat or by sprayed fiberglass) to make material stronger, shouldn't it be 'attached' / 'glued' to acrylic? Here it seems that plywood is stays in place just because of the thin acrylic layer the the bottom of the bath.
I did another photo from the other side.
The lower side of plywood seems to be perfectly bonded to outer material (acrylic )
1642087635637.JPEG

Would say it’s fibreglass and the gel / top coat has come away from the base layer / part

Reply to Is this bath faulty? split layers in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock