Discuss Installer installed undersized radiators in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not being funny but how the hell can you say that ??? whats the building construction, whats the design temps, here we go again guessing at rad sizes again this is not very helpful to the industry !!!!!!!!
This is referring to the bit where op is in need of more heat as he is saying that his house is not getting up to temperature !

Not being funny but how the hell can you say that ??? whats the building construction, whats the design temps, here we go again guessing at rad sizes again this is not very helpful to the industry !!!!!!!!
If his house is cold and rads already installed will not do the job , easiest thing will be to keep them same size and just fit K2 and P+ and remove the K1 . Just giving a suggestin to op . And why is this getting your blood boiling ?????

I am not sure tbh !! Who has design the ch system ? who has calculated/ sized boiler and rads ? Did you have a architect or builder in charge for the job or was it all left to the plumber ?

I am not sure tbh !! Who has design the ch system ? who has calculated/ sized boiler and rads ? Did you have a architect or builder in charge for the job or was it all left to the plumber ?

It wasn't 'designed'. Just the gas guy having a look at the rooms then coming back a few days later with the rads. He didn't even measure the rooms!

Yeah i admit these are undersized, it was my mistake but i want you to pay me for putting right my mistake ...yeah right ..

It wasn't 'designed'. Just the gas guy having a look at the rooms then coming back a few days later with the rads. He didn't even measure the rooms!

And you thought that was the correct way and didnt question it??

I doubt you will get far with it to be honest. Better just to se the cash on larger rads. And don't use the original guy again!

What does that bit in bold mean?

Also, surely after spending a large sum of money on central heating that doesn't heat, i.e. not fit for purpose, there must be some comeback?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Installer installed undersized radiators in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a slightly undersized radiator in my living room. The calculation says 6315 btus and my rad is 6019 btus. It was a replacement radiator...
Replies
Views
I have had some old radiators replaced. Having checked the btu calculation myself, the new radiator is slightly undersized. It should have been...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I noticed this winter my living room rad only get hot in the top half. Radiator is 1600mm(DP SC) double panel single convector. System...
Replies
Views
Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was...
Replies
Views
Jaga radiators (with heat-exchangers) have their own small fans, that "will modulate down when the room temperature is met – the room temperature...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock