Search the forum,

Discuss install new water main pipe . Help on finding right insulation in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I`m on the process to replace my old main water main with a brand new MDPE 25mm.

Anglia Water advised to put pipe it into a duct and then insulation. Does anyone know what type of insulation need to be used?

Many Thanks

Been following this on ahem, another forum and it seemed like all your questions re depth, bends, sand, back filling, ducting and insulation had been answered within the 31 posts so what went wrong, did it fail inspection?

To install pipe covering, open the hinged part of the pipe insulation and place the opening over the pipe. The fiberglass piping insulation will self-close around the pipe. Once the fiberglass is fitted snug around the pipe, peel off the release paper from the self-sealing lap and press the jacket closed from the middle towards the edges of the pipe insulation. Make sure to rub the jacket closed to make sure its securely sealed.

Been following this on ahem, another forum and it seemed like all your questions re depth, bends, sand, back filling, ducting and insulation had been answered within the 31 posts so what went wrong, did it fail inspection?
Looks like that other thread was started a year ago !
Gio, FYI, water companies don't produce a complete "how to" guide because they don't really want it done by someone who isn't used to it as it can leak and / or pollute their network (neither of which will make them or you happy)

Reply to install new water main pipe . Help on finding right insulation in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock