Discuss Inhibitor in multi-zoned system in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey if putting inhibitor in an multi-zoned system ( S plan plus). With an underfloor heating zone, hot water zone and radiator zone. Is it just needed to add inhibitor to the system via a radiator.

It will work if you can get it into the radiator. Maybe this is a new install and the rad is empty? The rad system will go through the boiler and when the hot water system is opened all the water is shared. Valves control the zones as soon as all zones are on then the Inhibitor gets mixed!
The only exception is if the boiler has dual circuits if that's the case you need to add the inhibitor to each circuit!

with S plan there should only be one circuit but I don't know how the UF heating is plumbed!

If you have UFH u need three times as much inhibitor plus u should be using something to control bacteria like af10 by fernox

Pour it in a rad or filling loop run everything on full power for 24 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Inhibitor in multi-zoned system in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
Hi all I need to run this CH pipework to a radiator located beyond the electric wiring in the image below. Just to be safe I was wondering if...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock