Discuss info needed to fit booster pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

geoff1057

Hi im fitting a booster pump to give better flow to a shower in a ground floor bathroom of a terraced house. The hot water cylinder and cold water tank are situated in an airing cupboard also on the ground floor next to the bathroom. The cold water to the pump iam taking a pipe straight from the cold water tank. The hot water to the pump via a surrey flange. I hope this is ok so far. I need to ask can i tee the pump outfeed hot water to my kitchen tap as well as the shower as this has really low pressure and poor flow. Thanks

Hi geoff,

It depends on the type of pump you are using. If it is just a shower pump it should be dedicated to the shower only. Most manufacturers are very helpful if you give them a call.

Poor flow to kitchen may be a fault with tap or supply pipework

Poor flow to kitchen may be a fault with tap or supply pipework

Just fitted a nw tap in the kitchen think its 0.5 bar pressure. The hot water cylinder however is situated in the airing cupboard on the floor and down one step from the kitchen .would this affect the hot water flow. The hot water taps in the bathroom on the same level as the hot water cylinder seem to flow a lot better than the kitchen hot water tap. Was hoping to sort this myself. But i think a cal to a plumber may be on the cards. Thanks guys

New taps will be high pressure, you could use pump to boost all hot outlets but you really need to call in a good plumber to assess your system

What shower pump you using? I've seen a salamander used for the shower (twin impellor) with a tee off the hot for a kitchen and the seals went on the cold side due to the water having nowhere to go on the cold side when the hot tap was running.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to info needed to fit booster pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock