Discuss Immersion in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

helpsy

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Fitted a lower complete immersion the end of last month for a tenant.....all good. Tenant rang me last week saying it wasn't working, so I went around and on closer inspection there is very slight weeps from the live/neutral connections of the element. Told the tenant I will sort it. Went to merchant and he said he would replace the element.....but what about my time for re doing the job? No answer on that! Where do I stand?

Thats why you put a % on your materials. Well one of the reasons. It still does your melon in though.

This is something i have often thought about, as i work for someone i don't feel the sting like the self employed guys. Thats just answered my question.

Fitted a lower complete immersion the end of last month for a tenant.....all good. Tenant rang me last week saying it wasn't working, so I went around and on closer inspection there is very slight weeps from the live/neutral connections of the element. Told the tenant I will sort it. Went to merchant and he said he would replace the element.....but what about my time for re doing the job? No answer on that! Where do I stand?

You will stand exactly where you are I'm afraid
You will get a free replacement that's it

Tried to get in to replace unit ASAP no luck with tenants. It was a Backer unit from Plumbase.

Merry christmas

Same to everybody ! Merry Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Immersion in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

J
Hello, hoping someone can advise me. My boiler stopped working - no hot water or central heating. Called out a company who came and assessed the...
Replies
Views
J
Hello, hoping someone can advise me. My boiler stopped working - no hot water or central heating. Called out a company who came and assessed the...
Replies
Views
Johnno1966
J
J
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a hot water cylinder which feeds 3 outlets (kitchen sink, basin in bathroom & bathtap) which has never had very good pressure (probably...
Replies
Views
E
Good evening everyone :), I’ve recently moved into a new flat that is completely electric (It’s got a dual immersion heater) and just had a...
Replies
Views
Back